Thursday 25 August 2011

A Little Monkey in Tot School

Many people have been deceived by Little Tiger's angelic face.(You don't have to agree o.O) Nope, he isn't always the cute little munchkin pictured in Tot school. Occasionally these happens during home practice sessions:
 
Opening drawers and chosing his own tools.

Throws Mr Bear on the floor and climbs onto the chair.
He thinks this is really funny.

Dancing
 
Sticker himself
Sometimes, he chews the flashcards. Occasionally, the Tiger will attack the paperbacks.

He has a preference for math and music. He usually starts signing water, food and sleep during vocabulary lessons. Rascal...

Defiance is the way a child exert his autonomy. Toddlers do not grasp the concept of 'No'. They need to test the boundary and your patience along the way. It's part of their journey to achieving independence. I love the book Positive Discipline: The First Three Years by Jane Nelson. Will share some of my notes soon.

So, what do I do when Little Tiger turns into Little Monkey? Well, after I rescue the books, I sit back and enjoy the mess. That's what early education is all about. LOVE. At the end of the day, you must remember that learning starts from the heart.

This weekend we are planning to do foot painting for Art & Craft Sunday.

Have a great weekend!!

5 comments:

Asheyprettymummy said...

He's not a really good dancer is he? Look at his moves....haha

Jessica_littletiger said...

Aiyah, it's good enough la. Name me 1 other kid who can dance at 1 year old. He has 3 moves now.

1. I am pooping (bends legs; in the picture)
2. Morning stretch. (turns sideways)
3. Saturday night fever (forefinger pointing)

We are working on step no 4. Next time we teach Prettichubbi.

Ella said...

Last night I saw a little boy in KLCC. He was soooooooo cute. Just reminded me little tiger! I know I haven't seen him yet! But ... I can imagine how much cutie he is! LOL! :))

Ella said...

Jessica,
yesterday I bought the photographic memory kit!
I know it's soon for LO but because I'm going to leave this city ( even this country better to say!) I prefer to buy and keep it!
I don't have time to wait for delivering so I just went there and got it! Now I think it really worth to buy it!

Jessica_littletiger said...

HI Ella,

Thanks. You are too kind.

Now I understand why you are leaving Schichida :)
Your LO is very lucky to have you as a mummy. Keep practicing :)

I buy tons of stuff in advance too. A friend recently ask me how much I spend on all of Tiger's stuff. Honestly, I have selective memory loss. I choose not to remember. Poor Tiger Daddy..LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...