Sunday 25 September 2011

Tot School: Letter I is for 'Ice Cream"

‘Un’schooling Tiger Week 9 (20th- 26th Sept) @ 15 months

Alphabet:I is for Ice Cream
Theme: Cold Stuff
Tot School was a little more organized this week. We did lots of tot tray activities and less of math and science. Tiger was a little social butterfly over the weekend with a fullmoon party and a wedding dinner to attend.

So, we have decided to extend Letter I for another week as I still owe him a Haagen Daaz outing. Since Letter I is also the the first alphabet of his 'real' name, I decided to do an All about Me extension to the theme.


Tot Trays:
Here's Tiger with his Quick Stack Cups. This is an activity from Tweedlewink that he loves. Basically, they are supposed to alternate both hands during stacking and unstacking to encourage the whole brain development.

I usually pass the cups to him while saying left or right alternately. If I don't, he'll end up using his right hand only. The concept behind this is kinda like Doman encouraging cross crawling and brain gym.


This is the same can from last week.
Instead of the mini spoons, I used a large dice and some hexagon tangram pieces.
He gets to throw the dice and I'll hand him corresponding numbers of hexagons.
Then, he will put it into the slit.
Fun, Math & Fine motor in one simple activity, I love it!!


This is our version of the spindle box.
He is definitely too young for this activity but this is just for introduction.


This is why I said he was too young for this activity :)


This is really simple but he LOVED it!
Some cheap unsharpened pencils and a milk bottle.
Initially, I put some bean bags inside to stabilise the bottle but I soon realised that he was more delicate with his work without them.
He had to balance the bottle as he insert to prevent it from toppling over.


More phonics work with Alphie


Music lesson with this beautiful xylophone (RM 10 from Toys R Us sale !!)


Listening to a Japanese alphabet song (Brillkids) that he loves
He will always ask for an instrument to play with the song.
Here he is holding a wooden maracas (RM 2 from Fun & Cheer)

Worksheet

This is the ice cream printout from 2teachingmommies. Gotta love her work.
Tiger scribbling is improving. We did lots of paperwork as he ask for them every night. Will post more soon.


 This happens when he has access to the 'Fun Stuff' drawer. I have since moved it to the highest level.


All work and no play is so boring.
So, we played a lot too!
On Friday night, we accompanied Daddy to his futsal game.
Tiger's running after his football.
He can REALLY run now...


Little J with his ball. Nope, they don't share..


What's a 'Cold Stuff' week without ice?

I made ice lollies.


Tiger played with some reusable ice


Playing with his new water table. LOVED IT!


Watering 'his' plants.
This is his part of the garden. He was supposed to water the plants daily but umm, we forget sometimes, so kakak will do it


Does it look like he's peeing? I love this shot. Daddy was spraying him with the water gun :)


Our version of an artsy iceblock
Some jewels and lotsa glitter!


He was definitely fascinated for about 5 minutes


Here it is melting away in the warm sun. Love it when the jewels started appearing.
Tiger said "Ehh???" so many times :)
 




This is just for FUN:

This was Tiger on the stage in the ballroom at my cousin's wedding dinner on Sunday evening.
My baby wanted to show off his moves.


So embarasssing!! I had to chase him!!
The man on the left was the MC for the night.
Later, he came up to me and said, " Your son is such a performer"


Doing his cheeky laugh


He cried and threw a massive tantrum when I 'pulled' him off the stage.
We went outside and he started dancing again!!
He's so funny :)


We are linking up to Tot School :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...