Thursday 22 September 2011

Letter I for **I'm Impressed!**

Tiger made me cry last night, not bawling-my-eyes-out cry. More like a choking, quiet and happy cry. Before I continue, please read the disclaimer..
Tiger do not enjoy doing sight words, vocabulary work or phonics as much as I have hoped for and teaching language has been a pain in the butt. I had to get help from our gadget/techy friends ie: Leapfrog, Playskool, Brillkids & Starfall.com. to add fun and entice him. We have been doing phonics routinely for about 3-4 months now and he has never shown me that he was paying attention.

So, this was the event that moved me last night. As usual, after we completed our scheduled work, we proceeded to our tot trays. He usually picks whatever he fancies. Guess what? My little rascal went straight for the flashcards with the letter 'i's. Usually, I'll have to present Letters/phonics to him as he likes the manipulatives more. So, I just sat in the corner with my camera.

He laid them on the floor and started saying, "Eeeh, eeeh, eeeh," (He made the short i sound!). I was like What?

When he started tracing Letter I with his forefinger, I sniffled



Then, he took the sandpaper letter and repeated the same process.
*Sniff sniff* he likes the mommy-made sandpaper letter.

and traced,

and traced some more...


As a bonus, he traced the Uppercase as well

Being the mean person that I am, I tested him by giving him an upside-down letter 'i' several times. He turned it back correctly each time.

I am impressed, my dear Tiger.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...