Monday 16 April 2012

Tot School: S is for Star and Space

He enjoyed almost everything that I set up for Star/space week  ^.^
Perhaps it is due to the fact that we are taking things easier, allowing him to have the time to enjoy the process.
I am still energetic enough but I can feel the toil of pregnancy catching up.
Hence the slowing down...

He is still saying NO! to flashcards =.="
Also, he is refusing to do Little Math or Little Reader. Darn it!
I have just downloaded Beta version of Little Musician and he LOVES it!
It supplements our perfect pitch training.
Here's the link: Little Musician
You have to give this a try :)

If not for Tot School & Montessori, we'll probably be watching Barney, a lot..hehe!
My little nerd loves the Peter Weatherall songs I downloaded from You tube,
especially the Push & Pull Song.

His speech is developing at a breathtaking speed. He is asking,
Where, Who, How? ALL THE TIME.

The Tot Tray Setup here

Here are some snapshots into our School life:

Here's Tiger with the S cards.
He enjoyed naming the planets.

As expected, we did not get the moon phases on the scratch cards :)

He did not like the glass beads I prepared.
So, I replaced them with smiley stickers.
Tiger called them the "bleck bleck" stickers while sticking out his tongue

He went into Crazy Tot Mode again and did all these.
He kept asking for more when he was done, even after a bath :)

He loved the matching activity with the planet cards.
I lost count how many times he chose this tray.
By the end of first week, he was working independently.
Monkey's in the pic too because, well, he's pretty much around all the time :)

He REALLY enjoyed learning the names of the planets.
Here, he matched our felt planets to the poster

Making 'space' with black crayon and stars


The Math Peg puzzle.
He knows 0-10, so this is independent work.
Arranging in sequence.

He even extended the activity by matching them to his sticky numbers

Cling gels
He tore 'Saturn' into pieces :p

Reciting his alphabets.
I gave him the uppercase stickers for matching.
He is in his letters phase right now.

He is still very much in love with his Space Sensory Bin and Centre ^.^

Art & craft

Others


<<< >>>

4 comments:

Homeschool @ sg said...

Very nicely planned! Where did you get the maths peg puzzle? Do you know any place in KL where I can find good educational stuff? Or may shichida type of flashcards! Thanks!

Jessica_littletiger said...

The peg puzzle is from USL. I got it at 50% disc
http://shop.usleducation.com/index.php/mathematics/number-peg-board.html

www.kids.net.my have some Shichida materials.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jes, it's me again.. Really love read your blog! U're such a great and creative mom. May I know where u bought space poster and the alphabet box? I've tried to find at nearest popular and giant but still couldn't find them.

By the way, your family picture so adorable, like it!
Thanks - Tria

Jessica_littletiger said...

Hi Tria,

The space poster is from Popular, I am not sure where else you can find it. Sorry, I tried looking up for a friend as well.

The alphabet box is from Giant but I think most hypermarket or hardware stores like ACE Hardware do have them as well.

Happy shopping and thanks for liking our pics :)!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...