Sunday 22 April 2012

Tot Trays: No Theme Week @ 22 Months


We are taking a small break from Space Week because if I have to listen to The Solar System Song again...

As much as I dread the song, it is receiving lotsa airplay as it is still one of his Top 10 Songs at the moment. I think the Felt planets are to blame..hehe...but they are holding up very well despite daily use.

Since he is so in love with music and dancing, I have enrolled him for Kinder Beat. It is an Australian music and movement class tailored for 2-4 years old. We are starting our first lesson this weekend, so I have another 5 days to warm up the idea to Tiger.

The Music Kit that cost RM 145 :p
A bear, a book and a CD
Lessons are an hour long weekly, non-replaceable.
Fee: RM80/month

The very neat Tot Tray shelf

The not so neat classroom :p
He still has his Space station, Space sensory bin and posters.



On the shelf:

Flashcards:
I've noticed that Tiger's fine with the pictures or picture-words cards.
He absolutely hates the words (Doman-style) ones

So, this week, we are doing colourful one :)

Clockwise from 1 o'clock:
1. ELC alphabet touchy-feely.
2. ELC expressions card
3. TW actions card
4. Colourful animals card. For speedplay



 Threading blocks

 Multi-combination puzzle.

Geography:
Map and pegged flag puzzle

Number chips to introduce teens

Category box
&
 my old jewelery box to keep the chips (to entice him)

This week's rather simple because Mommy need a break :)

I am thinking of doing Weather next...so many fun ideas!

Linking up to Tot School at 1+1+1 = 1

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I've been reading your blog for awhile but have never commented until now....I'm in Australia and my son (29 months) attends a weekly session with the "Kinder Beat" music. He LOVES it! I'm certain Tiger will enjoy it also. I'll be interested to see how long it takes to get the "hi everybody" song out of your head!!
Jane

Jessica_littletiger said...

Hi Jane,

Thanks for the feedback :) I played the CD for him and he really enjoyed the songs. I hope he will enjoy the interaction with other children just as much. He's not so into the Kinder bear though, prefering his own gigantic one. Hope he doesn't insist on bringing his own bear to class :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,

I just started reading and I love it thus far. May I know where I can get the map and pegged flag puzzle please?
Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi, Jessica , have same question really love you blog, and toys please tell where can I find that map and pegged flag puzzle, tried google but nothing can find.
Thank you.

Jessica_littletiger said...

Hey, sorry....Thought I replied...blogger really has an appetite for my stuff lately. I got it from here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=315736121772339&set=a.247173818628570.73083.245796062099679&type=3&theater
I have seen it in MPH for almost double the price from this shop :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...