Wednesday 5 October 2011

Shopping: Buying Grolier Products

If you are into early learning materials, I am sure you would have heard of Grolier. It is a good brand, no doubt but I have to say I am not impressed at all with their customer service and management at all.

Reasons why I am not happy:

1. I bought from a dishonest Grolier salesperson. Let's call him Mr D. This Mr D is a sleazy salesperson. He made lots of promises that he didn't live up to and as a paying customer I am pissed.

2. When Mr D found out that I had lodged a complaint to the company, he called up after 3 months and promised to follow up, which he didn't.

3. The Grolier company called me up several times to enquire about the issue and offered me 2 sets of books in exchange for the remainder of the monthly installment in one payment. Huh?
They didn't turn up TWICE.

4. A representative decided that he was free on 3rd of this month and called me out of the blue to inform me he was on the way to my house. Then he called me at least 10 times for directions while I was at work. GPS? He also had the audacity to inform me to bank in the money before I read the statement!!

Needless to say, I won't be buying anything else from them. Alas, my Little Tiger LOVE the Fun Thinker grid and tiles...

He chose the activity from the shelf and proceeded to work on it by himself:

Here he flipped the tiles from colours to numbers
I'll say the numbers as he places them

Most of the numbers are placed correctly except those in in teens

When I pointed out the mistake, he was pissed and poured everything out :p
He also change the direction he places them

See, again sixteen is upside down again :)

He moved further away when I wanted to flip the tiles..hehe

He also used them to stack in the little hole on his desk :)


I bought the Logico Piccolo, Logico Primo and the Words, Words, Words set as well 
 The Grolier products ain't cheap, so I was expecting better services.

~~~@@@~~

If you are interested in this product, there are many other copy cat versions available, like this:
Xiao Tian Cai
 You can get it at http://www.kids.net.my/ for RM 135
     or     

The Logico set is also available in a cheaper Chinese version for RM380 from http://www.caterpillarhouse.com/
The content is nearly the same:



If I had known there were alternative versions to the Grolier products, hmmm....

18 comments:

Jasmine said...

I know, went to Popular in Sunway and saw a similar Funthinkers-like set there for less than rm100... holy molly! so irritated, but anyway don't worry, most importantly Tiger and Julian LOVE it, so it's money worth spent. And also, the research that has gone into Grolier is better... have you seen the Amino products? Double the price for THE SAME STUFF!!! crazy... I've not had much trouble with Grolier, infact service has been quite ok so far...(touchwood!)

Jessica said...

Hi Jaz,
Hmm, they were nice initially until I gave them a piece of my mind...haha.

It's not Grolier in general but that particular salesman. He was based in Setia Alam. Can you imagine he told me he was in Singapore when my friend (who also bought from him) saw him in an exhibition in midvalley?

Luckily, like you said, the kiddo love it. So, it's worth the trouble. I am paying the remainder so that I don't have to deal with them anymore.

Jasmine said...

Babe, how do you put tabs like the ones you have? Home, Tiger's schedule, Contact?... confused.

Jessica said...

hah, I had the question earlier :)

Go to design and add gadgets: click pages
You will see home on top after you save settings
To add tabs, go to new posting and click on new page instead, then save.
That's all :)

Jasmine said...

Tech savvy... I must say!

Jes said...

Why you were expecting the sales man either? Onve you paid you receive your books n shelf then its fine rite.. I just paid an deposit at the mom n baby expo and they promise to sen me within 3days. Rm2280. After reading this blog im kinda worried.

Jessica_littletiger said...

Hi,

I was expecting the salesman because he owed us a CD for the Words words words books and another set of books that he was going to send to us for free. I was paying on an installment basis for income tax purposes.

My friend bought from a different salesman and didn't have any problem, it was just the particular salesman that I dealt with and not the company as whole.

So, don't worry, ya?

ulfah said...

hye, i cant find the link of this product... what the name of this? logico? but dont have... how? can u help me? tq =)

kennycat said...

i just bought it today with RM100 deposit, COD tomorrow if they sending or by Monday...i think its quite worth it...wat u think?

My sets are:
1.Words,WordsWords-4 Vol
2.Talking English-1 set (20 Vols+1 talking pen)
3.Logico Primo-1 set

Free gifts:
1.Book case
2.Raise Your Child's Self-Esteem: 99 Easy Things to Do-1
3.Mini Encyclopedia-12 Vols
4.Children Atlas of the world-1 Vol
5.Junior Picture Dictionary-2 Vols

Total RM2052

Anonymous said...

usually the bad salesman is always indian..nope, im not racist..im just stating a known fact

Anonymous said...

So other than indians are very good and lenient is it? Dont try to provoke racism here and try to post something benefits other....

umi said...

I am malay n i bought from malay guy.Mr S. He talked non stop n urging.now i learnt before make decision must consult my hubby. Mr sh said nevermine just pay deposit n will returb deposit if i cancel within 3 days.contacted by my sis in law she bought all n would like to gv me. At first i reminded him his promise yeah now months he said he cancelled it n not return the deposit.. so careful dear

Jessica_littletiger said...

Umi call up the main office and complain to them straight. It really isn't the brand or race, just the person involved. Bug them until they give you back the money...YOU MUST!

Jessica_littletiger said...

When you leave a comment like this, you are already making a racist statement

Jessica_littletiger said...

Thank you dear Anonymous. Liars and cheaters do come in all shapes and sizes, regardless of race. I have encountered quite a few and in my case they were mostly Chinese. Does that make me a racist as well? Crap

Gorgeous G said...

I called to this so called person in charge who is the sales mamager and he argued with me too. He wouldn't want to refund the money to me. He even asked me to complaint if I want to but there isn't any department which I can lodge a complaint. I sent am email to grolier Asia which they do not bother to reply. Grolier truly provide bad bad service. I wish more people know about their thing.

Anonymous said...

Call the office. Speak to the GM, U need to give ur receipt number. Its a 6 digit number top right of your order form(yellow form). Give the sales persons name, number n code(bottom left of the form). Thats how much i can assist you. N u shld get your refund back.

srinivas said...

if u want any doubts or regarding getting the product u can directly contact me my no:9603799496

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...