Thursday 10 January 2013

Tot School: January 2013

We did these from late December to early January 2013.

Play dough Christmas Tree
Prepared a bottle of store bought dough with glitter (tree)
and some bento pick sticks (ornaments)
I helped him shape a tree and he poked away!
The dough was a little too sticky for his liking.
Play dough: Soft stuff from ELC
Jewel bento sticks: Daiso
Tray: Daiso

Christmas Sensory Bin
We kept this for a while because he really liked it.
So much so, he carried it around the house asking everyone to 'scoop' with him.
I made him wear the hat (Thanks, yi yi for leaving it behind...hehe)
He used the christmas tree as a chicka chicka tree and then added alphabets to the bin.
We also read some christmas books I bought from Big Bad Wolf :)

Played some guessing games

Tangrams
He is starting to enjoy this.
Occasionally, he calls the hexagon octagon.
Tangram set from Taiwan
Printables from Confessions of a Homeschooler
These from Preschool Alphabet blog are more complex

Geography and vocabulary
He LOVES this puzzle. It has some holes to place animals from that continent.
(Again, thanks to yi yi, Ashleyprettimommy)
I paired it with a picture atlas.
As he identifies the continents, I just read some facts to him.
Surprisingly, he enjoyed it.
When I put it down, he will tell me, "No, mama read some more"
Puzzle: From Guangzhou
Atlas: From Popular.
Saw the same book in Bookxcess for
a fraction of the price I paid

As the puzzle takes shape,
he pointed to the world map on the wall and shouted,
"Mama, same oh, see?"

"Yes, same. Both are maps". I smile

He gave me a serious look and explained patiently,
"No, mama. This is Earth. Okay?"

Pfft...stubborn-nyeeee

Self-chosen, pre-writing activty
This was around since Christmas week.
He just randomly picked this one from the shelf.
Placed it on the table and went to work quietly.

Two weeks later,
Puzzle from USL Education
Bought during sale.
40% off, I think


Sensorial
I made him 3 pairs of smelling bottles using aromatherapy oil.
Then I used the idea from Counting Coconuts to label the bottom with stickers
for self-checking.
Bottles: From sundry shop. Rm 1 each

Writing/alphabets
Another one of his ga-ga activities.
I think he killed a small tree with the papers he went through.
Then I got the brilliant idea of making him trace repeatedly with different colours.
Oh yea, things like this makes me feel clever nowadays...bwahaha...
See, how serious nerd boy is?

Until this fellow came home and disturb us...
The clowns video-ing themselves



Whenever I try to clean:

"I COME HELP MAMA"

Errrrr, not really...........



6 comments:

Unknown said...

I truly love the wide variety of activities you have for Tiger. Your passion is incredible!!

Thank you for sharing.

~♥Christine♥~ said...

Like the pre writing board, I am sure it is very useful for kids to learn how to write.

May I know how much is the price? Are you buying from USL Kajang? I search from its website, but didnt see this in its products category, out of stock?

Well, hope to get one for my baby.. haha

Really like your blog, very interesting... Thanks for sharing ya ^_^

Jessica said...

Hi, thanks!

You are too kind. I am not even close to your level of creativity.

Jessica_littletiger said...

Hi Christine,

I got it from USL Summit but I think Kajang will have more stock.
You can call the HQ to enquire but let me tell you that the service is not that great. No problem at all, girl...ask away! I can't recall the price now but their materials are quite expensive, so don't buy unless they are on sale.

MK Moon said...

Jess,
where you bought the Tangram ?

Jessica_littletiger said...

Moon,
Mine was from Taiwan.
You can get a big bag from USL education and share with someone.
RM 45 for 250 pieces.
They should hire me for sales, I tell you.
http://shop.usleducation.com/index.php/mathematics/pettern-blocks-250pcs.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...