Thursday 17 November 2011

Messy Play: Messy Maths For Toddler

After doing Tot Trays for some time,
I have come to realize that, the noisier and messier the tray, the more popular it will be.

*grin*

I have some leftover coloured rice from our ocean sensory bin and some EVA foam numbers.

Result: Teeny Sensory Bin (Cause it's smaller than mini)

He wasted no time in getting his hands dirty coloured ^.^



The plan was to 'gently' extract the numbers and put them back into the template.

Hah! Some game plan!

He was so interested in the rice, he ignored the numbers.



On Day 1,  I gave him a spoon and and tricked guided him to do some scooping.

He enjoyed  this very much.

Hopefully, this will improve his table manners as well.



On Day 2, he found the spoon and started searching for the tray.

OK, I'll admit that I hid it above the drawers. I have some control issues.

I said: "Wait, daarrrrling. We'll do it last ok?"

Tiger: Aaaahhhhhhhh

Mommy: OK

I am starting to see a disturbing trend here  =.="

And off he goes, doing his best at making a mess.


My sweet boy also helped with the cleaning up.

What he didn't know was he wasn't much help at all :p

It's the thought that counts ^.^


I gave him his clean-up bucket

(Please excuse the foot at the corner, it wanted to join in the fun and be part of the pic too) 


The glorious mess and the Commander of Chaos walking away from the battlefield.

Job well done, my man!

Not much of Maths but tons of fun. Just how learning should be ^.^

~~~~@@@~~~~


Linking to It's Playtime at Imagination Tree

&

Photobucket


7 comments:

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

I love the messy math - so cute! Especially the last picture with the bucket on his head =-) Thanks for sharing it at TGIF! Have a great Thanksgiving & we'll see you next week,
Beth =-)

Julie@teachinggoodeaters said...

Looks like so much fun! I love all of the pictures and the humor with which you told the story!

Miss Amanda @ LittleAdventuresPreschool.blogspot.com said...

That is SO cute! It's such a similar story at my house. So much for having a clean home :)

melissa said...

"Commander of chaos" - I love it! It's funny how much order can sometimes be hidden beneath the things toddlers do, too. I love that you were okay with allowing the mess, and letting his experience go in an entirely different direction from what you had planned. It really does look fun!

Ali said...

Wonderful! What a fun way of introducing numbers, even if they were ignored! Spooning is always a hit in our house, too.
Isn't it great when the little 'helpers' accidentally sweep the just-gathered piles back across the room rather than into the pan?!

Jessica said...

Thanks for dropping your kind words guys, it was lotsa fun..I am learning a lot from Tiger too!

Susan Case said...

Adorable pictures. So happy to see your child learning through being messy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...