Thursday 24 November 2011

Why Won't You Say Mama?

Letter To Tiger Thursday


Dear Tiger,

Mommy's a little irritated with you.

My sweet 17 month old boy, WHY WON'T YOU SAY MAMA?

You just won't say it spontaneously. Only when you need me for something, you will wail "Ma Ma MA MA" but never a two-syllabic mama.

I am a little upset because you can make the letter M sound and say mum-mum (food). Also, you sing this:

Ah, ah, apple
Beh,beh, ball
Khe, khe, Khe (cat)
Mmm,mmmmmm

If you are making letter M sound, why won't you say mama? *Bang head against wall*

To add salt to the wound, you call the maid in 3 different ways: Kakak (sister in Malay), Ah Kak (short for kakak) and Ah Kek (her name). *Bang head against floor*

When Kakak say "Tiger" (Well, not exactly Tiger but your real name), you will reply, "Ah Kak". When I do the same, you look at me and blink blink. *Insert cricket sound*

Daddy thinks it's hilarious that you call me "Eh" or "Papa". Honestly, it is driving me up the wall. I have tried bribing you with food, toys, books, etc....arrrgghhhh....I'll have to think of something else, hmmm, maybe I'll starve you...but grandma's around (who you call "nai nai' nowadays because you are allergic to M-words)

Maybe no Tot School until you say Mama. That'll teach you a lesson! *Insert evil laugh*



Lots of Love, Not That Much Love (cause my ego's bruised and squashed),


Mommy



3 comments:

melissa said...

Aw, that is frustrating! If it makes you feel any better, we had family photos done this morning and Annabelle had a cute little father-daughter portion in which she played with her daddy and gave him a kiss. When it came time for the mother-daughter portion, she ran away from me! Finally I got to play alongside her, but no way would she give me a kiss! Perhaps they sense that we want it too much?
Hugs, MAMA!

Jessica said...

Thx girl,

Yeah, I keep telling myself that he knows I love him too much, that's why he is taking me for granted..huuhuu...*hugs* to you too.

Ali said...

Maybe Tiger doesn't call you Mama because he *knows* you will give him attention regardless, but he needs to perform for the attention from everyone else! In that case, it would be a (frustrating) compliment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...