Wednesday 27 June 2012

Organizing: Nesting Part 2 {Study room}


 Study room

I have a confession to make.
Little Tiger's study room is my favourite room in the house.

I suspect it's his fav too
since it is the first thing he ask for in the morning
^.^

Just because Little Dragon's arriving soon doesn't mean my boy gets any less attention.
No way!

In case I end up getting butchered (so crude, I know),
I decided to make the study more Tiger-friendly.

<<< >>>

We love the little IKEA table and chair set despite 2 mini accidents, so far.
He has since learned that sitting in a civilised manner would decrease further incidents.
The little pink MAMMUT stool is "Mama tool"
Nobody else is allowed to sit on it  ^.^
We do most of our painting/writing/stamping/right brain memory work/flashing on the desk.

His Tot Tray Shelves have been moved to the side.
He is now Montessori-ed, hehe, the mats are a MUST for trays.


In order to provide more space for Tiger's books since he is able to handle paperbacks now,
I added the another bookcase (from his playroom).
Actually, the help did most of the heavy lifting since my pelvis is killing me.

His Panda Chair has been promoted to the study as well.

I am not sure if the new arrangement is refreshing or it tickles his fancy
but he definitely love reading A LOT more,
much to my delight.


The upper shelves are reserved for his right brain materials and mommy's papers.
More organizing is needed here.


Last but not least, Tiger's fav bookcase.
His puzzle storage...
L.O.V.E.
I have since rearranged the items so that the favoured ones are easily accessible. 

Next up: Playroom



6 comments:

Kaysha said...

Looks great! I am definitely drooling over all those puzzles! Are you going to post over the things you're doing for Dragon? I know I wish I had read How Smart is Your Baby by Glen Doman before I had Xander. I never knew you could start their brain education at birth!

Anyway, I started a Linky for trays and work boxes that I am hoping will grow some. I would love for you to link up your tray posts! I am always curious what activities are working for that age range and Tiger seems so advanced! http://memorizingthemoments.blogspot.com/2012/06/bbb-star-week.html
Good luck with everything,
Kaysha

Jessica_littletiger said...

Hi Kaysha,

Thanks for the invite, I will definitely link up our trays :)

For Lil Dragon, I am probably going to leave her alone for the first 3 months and just enjoy her as much as I can :) Then we will try to adapt as many Montessori practises as we can. Well, at least that is the plan for now, we'll see if I can still cope with two lil monkeys :)

甯妈妈 said...

wow...lot of flash card n wooden puzzle.
the pocket bag to put pens look good...where can get it?

Jessica_littletiger said...

Hi, can i get your name in English because i can only read 'ma' 'ma'...@.@. Sorry..semi banana here.

The pocket bag thing is from Daiso, so, five ringgit each :)

甯妈妈 said...

Hi,jessica...haha...sure,i'm zoe.
i love wooden things,but all of them is so pricey :(
u really invest a lot of material for ur son! really love it~ :)
r u a full time mama or working mom?
u will teach ur kids everyday?

Jessica_littletiger said...

Zoe, I am working full time but weekends I am usually off unless ot or working for hubby.

I have my mil and a maid to help out, so I have some extra time la.

Most of the stuff i buy during sales and I sacrifice a bit on going for facials, massage, clothes, shoes and mahal meals/vacation.

If I can, I will do everyday. Try la

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...