Friday 29 June 2012

Organizing: Nesting Part 3 {Playroom}

Playroom

This is where Tiger spend most of his time when I am at work.
I can't wait for Lil Dragon to share the room with him.

In order to create more storage,
we bought a cheap beech coloured cupboard from Giant to replace the chestnut bookcase.
I was planning to vamp up the cupboards but that's for another day since there is so much to do.

I finally moved the IKEA glass cabinet into the store room.
The moving resulted in pelvic pain to date..hmmph...

I moved my old books and files to the top and covered them with thick blue cardboard cut into waves.
Now, we have more a little more space and definitely more organized.
Bliss....
I don't know about you but I feel exhilarated after a massive organizing spree..
Hehe, psycho, I know...I am for hire if you need someone for organizing.
Heck, I'll probably do it for free.


 I was saving the parking garage for after the arrival of Lil Dragon so that Tiger will be kept busy but
I caved in to his incessent "Open, open, PLEASE!"

While I was putting it together, I was so glad I did not wait.
It took 2 hours and a bloody thumb.
That's how much of an idiot I am at doing stuff like this.

Here, Tiger was doing his happy strumming dance 
^.^

 He absolutely loved it!

According to Tiger:
Mama: red car
Tiger: blue car
Daddy: black car
^.^

It fitted nicely onto his train table which I covered with black felt and some large puzzle pieces.
We also added some trees and petrol station for fun.


7 comments:

Baby darren said...

Good job mama! I am one organizing freak too and constantly on an organizing mood. How i wish i have a play room and study room separate for my children but i dont have so many spare rooms. How many rooms do you have in your house?

I love the blue colour wave cardboard that sits on topmof the shelves. It adds colours to the room.

In case lil dragon decides to come out early, i wish you a smooth delivery and speedy recovery.

melissa said...

Your organizational skills really are quite impressive. Everything looks great! The parking garage is awesome, and I love the waves. Such a simple and clever idea! I'm dying to start organizing over here, but still waiting on the movers to bring our stuff, so for now my nesting is manifesting as shopping

Jessica_littletiger said...

Hi Mommy,

I have 3 upstairs(master/grandma/study) and one downstairs (playroom) excluding the small laundry/maid's room and storeroom (which I cleaned and organized as well :p).

I don't think my Lil girl's planning to come out anytime soon, sigh. She is as stubborn as the big bro, planning to go post date on me. Unfortunately, if she does not make an appearance by 39 wks, I am going to be cut up...huuhuu.

Jessica_littletiger said...

Hi girl, thanks for dropping by as usual, I checked out spinning babies and it was awesome. I felt empowered to do a natural breech delivery. Unfortunateky, my baby's got a big head on her scans, so I am a litte worried about her head getting stuck.

I have decided to wait till 39 weeks. If she is still not out by then, I will opt for an elective ceaserean.

甯妈妈 said...

love your room~
my organizational skill is poor and i have limited space in my condo too.headache on it~ any idea for me pls? haha....

Jessica_littletiger said...

Do you live with in laws? haha....very important.

If my MIL not is staying with us, pros: I will take over the living room. Cons: Nobody to watch the kids.

Most of the home schoolers will sacrifice either the living or dining room. Since I don't have that option, I use the room downstairs as playroom and it doubles as the maid's bedroom at night. Maybe you can use one of the bedrooms for dual function? I am a 'thrower' as opposed to a hoarder. So, I am constantly cleaning, purging and 'donating'. It scares my mother and MIL...lol

甯妈妈 said...

nope,not staying with in laws.
but limited space for condo..living room n room also quite small,now headache on where i should put the stuff.'donating'? pls 'donate' some to me if you doesn't need it,hahaha... but i think u will need it for ur lil dragon. :)
i wonder we staying near by or not :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...