Wednesday 13 November 2013

Haiyan Typhoon Relief


I just had to do something.

When I first read about the typhoon approaching, my first thoughts were
Oh, good they are prepared.
And then, the selfish, Thank God it isn't me.

After Haiyan striked, the pictures just kept coming.
Each was more horrific,
more devastating,
more heart-wrenching than before.

I sat in front of my computer and I cried.
As I am writing this, a lump is growing in my throat.

I looked at my kids and they were playing innocently.
The kids in Tacloban?
No food, no water, no diapers, no home, nothing.

I had to do something.
Everything is something when you have nothing.
From tiny, insignificant me, it grew and snowballed into this: 

And so far....
This is just one location.

I have a friend who offered his lorry 
since I went totally overboard in asking for donations.

My brother and his gym friends offered to be workers
for loading and unloading.

There are kind souls everywhere, you just have to ask.
By asking, one company managed to collect 21k in five days.

<<< >>>

This is not just any disaster. 
It is so bad that the emergency and relief personnels are overwhelmed.

 Towns, flatten.
9.5 million people affected
 

 4 million are said to be children.

This lady just gave birth.
If I ever complain about giving birth/confinement again, please, just slap me.

The militia and gangs are making it difficult to get aid to the people.
People are desperate.

If you would like to know more, first take a look and this SLIDESHOW and then try to NOT help.
Every time I see it, I just start crying again.

<<<>>>

Monetary donations are the most flexible at the moment. You can make contribution at:
  • National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Center (NDRRMC) 
  • Website: www.ndrrmc.gov.ph
  • Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
  • Website: www.dswd.gov.ph


If you can go to the Philippines embassy, please go directly to
No. 1 Jalan Changkat Kia Peng, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Weekday: 10 am to 7 p.m. on weekdays 
Weekend: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekends until November 25 (Monday)

Thanks, guys and may you be blessed for your kind intentions, always!

Maybe you can start a collection too?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...