Wednesday 12 June 2013

Consonant Blend {ck}

I chose -ck to start with because it is easy.
Jolly phonics also recommended this blend in their introduction.
On top of that, Tiger was having a brief fling with nursery rhymes.

We started with lesson Hickory Dickory Dock.
After reading we searched for words ending with -ck.
 

He spelt the word out using letter blocks

Spelling clock as COCK
@.@
I cry....

I sounded out the word for him and he checked .
Correcting his own mistake.

I printed blend booklets from Sparklebox 



Got this water colour mini set from ToyRus Warehouse sale.
We painted CK purple (of course)

There were some glitter on the table.
So, he wanted to roll some dough over them.
I used the ugly mixed-colour ones

They were perfect for making /ck/ monsters

He went to bed with them.

The activities were meant for 1 week but he finished it in one night.
Homeschool rocks, no?

Then he was too cool for blending and ended the fling with nursery rhymes.
We moved on to word families.
Kids nowadays.


4 comments:

littleberries said...

Hi Jessica
Wow, good idea to start phonics blending.
Btw, those white letters blocks... are they from Lego range? Look nice and durable.
Bravo Tiger! (and his mom, of course).

Sarah said...

Love the creative fun learning happening around here ..

I would love to see other moms splashed as well. We could use your ideas. Your tips. Your stories. Your photos. Your anything mom.

I compose some notes on Monday. I get the momma schedules. So hop over any day of the week (think link up whenever it works best for you) and join us. Real moms. Sharing our notes. Creating a momma melody.

Splashin' Momma,
Sarah

http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2013/06/slosh-grace.html

Jessica_littletiger said...

Hi,

I got the blocks from toy rus warehouse sale for RM49 I think. There were the same price as the ones I bought from USL (lowercase, yellow)
but way better quality.

I need to find the name, threw the box away

littleberries said...

RM49 is a good deal for a word builder set. I've been searching those letters that can build words... not that simple ABCs 26 letters, you know... like the word 'clock', we need two C letters etc. I start to think should I end up buying two or three set of 26 ABCs set *sigh* not worth, i think. We have the Leapfrog Word Builder but they just can build three-letters words.
I tried USL too, but didnt come across this Lego-like type. Thanks anyway, ya.
Hamizah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...