Friday 7 June 2013

Messy Play: Flubber!

Tiger requested for 'cooking' out of the blue
as he dug out his measuring spoons.

Since I just returned from the bookstore with a bottle of white glue,
the first thing I thought of was FLUBBER.

The main ingredients are white glue, warm water, food coloring and borax.
We used the recipe from here

Borax, oh borax....where art thou borax?
Did I get that right?

To find Borax in Malaysia, I had to turn to Google.
Lifesaver was this blog which taught me to say 
Peng sha (硼砂) which is Boric acid in Chinese.
So, I went to several Chinese Medicine shops and finally found some.
I lied and said I was making fishball. Peng Sha is used to make them bouncy.
People always give me weird looks when I say, "For my son to play"

 It stayed in the drawer for 1 year cause well, I was scared to use it.
What? No KKM sticker.
So, I tested it on the grass and my neighbour's cat to see if it was safe.
No laaaa. No cats died in the process.

So, here is Tiger in action.

Mixture A : Mix 2 cups of glue with 1.5 cups of warm water, then add food coloring.
Tiger always ask for green.
 ?????
I have proof. Later I show you.


  
Mixture B: 1 cup of warm water with 3 tsp of Borax

Mix A into B
No stirring  required. Veeery cool.

Play!
See the kiasi?
Testing, testing 123 again!

It bounced a little.
Tiger said it was geli 


Other stuff we made:

Blow up a balloon with baking soda and vinegar.

Make a mess with gold dust. Again with baking soda and vinegar.
The green dough at the bottom is home made.
*so proud*


When he was 1 year 5 months old, we played with green goop.

All green!

Linking up Splashin Glory

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Your fotos & flubber filled me up full with joyful lafter.

Delighted to meet you today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to dip into some serious goodness.

Also wanted to extend an invite ... to share this post (or another fave) to encourage even more moms. We could use it.

Join the Melody ...
http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2013/06/time-out-time-in.html

Sarah said...

I seriously think I need to make a batch of this today ...

Thanks for joining the melody! I do hope you will continue to bless us with your words and joy as we just started the momma notes.

I jot some notes each Monday, but it's not a have to link up on Monday sort of thing. I know the filled to the brim momma schedules. LInk up any day of the week when you have a moment. no rules. just moms. sharing our notes. creating a melody.

Happy day,
Sarah

http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2013/05/momma-notes.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...