Friday, 7 June 2013

Messy Play: Flubber!

Tiger requested for 'cooking' out of the blue
as he dug out his measuring spoons.

Since I just returned from the bookstore with a bottle of white glue,
the first thing I thought of was FLUBBER.

The main ingredients are white glue, warm water, food coloring and borax.
We used the recipe from here

Borax, oh borax....where art thou borax?
Did I get that right?

To find Borax in Malaysia, I had to turn to Google.
Lifesaver was this blog which taught me to say 
Peng sha (硼砂) which is Boric acid in Chinese.
So, I went to several Chinese Medicine shops and finally found some.
I lied and said I was making fishball. Peng Sha is used to make them bouncy.
People always give me weird looks when I say, "For my son to play"

 It stayed in the drawer for 1 year cause well, I was scared to use it.
What? No KKM sticker.
So, I tested it on the grass and my neighbour's cat to see if it was safe.
No laaaa. No cats died in the process.

So, here is Tiger in action.

Mixture A : Mix 2 cups of glue with 1.5 cups of warm water, then add food coloring.
Tiger always ask for green.
 ?????
I have proof. Later I show you.


  
Mixture B: 1 cup of warm water with 3 tsp of Borax

Mix A into B
No stirring  required. Veeery cool.

Play!
See the kiasi?
Testing, testing 123 again!

It bounced a little.
Tiger said it was geli 


Other stuff we made:

Blow up a balloon with baking soda and vinegar.

Make a mess with gold dust. Again with baking soda and vinegar.
The green dough at the bottom is home made.
*so proud*


When he was 1 year 5 months old, we played with green goop.

All green!

Linking up Splashin Glory
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...