Thursday, 21 June 2012

Little Dragon: Failed External Cephalic Version

Little Dragon is now 37 weeks POG and still a breech! :(

When a kind elderly told me that Dragons and Dogs (me) don't get along, I refused to belief. Now, I am starting to. Sigh... I already have a feeling that this little baby doll is going to be a feisty one and she is trying to prove me right. Today, we attempted to perform an external cephalic version (ECV) to try to turn her around so that Mommy could have a normal vaginal delivery. Nope, stubborn as a bull, she refused to budge.

I had a feeling that the ECV was going to fail. Maternal instinct?

The procedure itself was tolerable. (I think Lil Dragon inherited the stubbornness from me ^.^)

I was supposed to fast after breakfast but I umm, took a banana before leaving for the hospital.

Then, we did a CTG to make sure the baby's heart was strong and steady.

They inserted a gigantic branula for the IV bricanyl to relax the uterine muscles. (That was more painful than the procedure itself. I have a fear of needles)

Then, two very experienced specialist attempted to turn my little girl many, many times because I was so adamant.

In the end, she did not move at all and I ended up with a lot skin abrasions and bruises.

After the procedure, I slept for three hours (exhausted!!) and woke up with a sore abdomen....huuhuu...

Right now, I have pretty much made up my mind for an assisted breeched delivery because:

1. I really do not want to have a Caesarean unless my baby's threatened in any way. It is is not right.

2. She is a small one at 2.4 kg.

3. She is an extended breech baby which hopefully means her buttocks would descend first. (Lesser chance for cord prolapse or foot presentation)

4. I really, really do not want to be butchered.

The best part of the day was meeting the kind staff nurse who took care of me during my first delivery. She remembered every little detail including the fact that my epidural failed at 8cm dilatation. Wow! When she told me that she believe that I could do a vaginal breech delivery because I was so determined when I was pushing Tiger, I was on the brink of crying.

In the mean time, fingers crossed that this lil monkey will miraculously decide to turn. I will be extremely good and pray a lot in the mean time...
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...