Friday 22 March 2013

Outdoor Learning: Our New Classroom


Hubs bought this rocker/table from ToyRus a month ago.
According to him, this was a superb purchase, 2-in-1.
I believe it was the alcohol talking.

Thanks to him (our main sponsor), we now have an outdoor classroom
Yay!
It is also near Tiger's plants, so that he remembers to water them on a daily basis.

Rocker/table RM 299. No discount. Boo!

We have used it to make playdough, painting, etc.
Mostly messy stuff that would have driven me mad indoors.
After class, I just hose down the entire thing.

I mentioned salt writing sometime back, remember?
It drove me mad trying to sweep up those that ended up on the floor.
My lousy hand held vacuum could only do dust :(
When I took the box outdoor for our second attempt.....
 Hoot! Hoot!
Salt on the floor?
No problemo!
So good for my blood pressure :)


We used it to write Chinese characters from 1 to 10

"er"  (2)

"san"  (3)


 Then,  I thought..."Hey, this is not messy enough"
So, we did this too :)

We added some coloured chalk shavings
 

 Blue salt!

Genius, right?
Just like colored sand. Only way cheaper.

I love Pinterest :)


5 comments:

eci craft said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eci craft said...

whao.. u hv the Rocker/table!!!! i saw at toysrus b4, but my husband don't allow to buy cuz it's too expensive for us. (T,T)
may i know where r buy the black box?

Sylvia said...

The kiddies are getting so big! They are both so cute! I haven't seen the rocker table. I'm out of that age group, but I bet my grandson who is about Tiger's age would probably love it!

Jessica_littletiger said...

My husband has a thing for the Toy R us in Empire Gallery...hehe...everytime he goes there for a drink, he ends up in the store to buy the kiddos something. I think it is expensive too :p

The black box is actually a recycled gift box. I usually keep the good quality ones.

Jessica_littletiger said...

Hi Sylvia darling...He loves the 'rocker' part more but everyone else in the family is either too fat (me) or too small(Lil Dragon). I am sure your grandson will love it too...boys :) I saw similar ones on Ebay.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...