Wednesday 17 April 2013

Lil Dragon: 9 months



Miss Dragon is 9 months old. If I can describe her in one word, it would be "manja"

She is still as precious as ever. Definitely worth every freckle I have gotten in exchange for her. And the cactus like hairstyle I am currently displaying. And the extra truncal fat. And the bigger feet. And sagging boobs...Okay, I think that's enough before I decide to change my mind.

Definitely not one to lose a battle, she has started swatting her poor brother. Hehe, just as I have predicted, miss feisty here will be winning most battles from henceforth.

She is practicing her standing position by getting up from a squatting position and holding the stance for 2 seconds before landing on her butt. Now, smarty pants will do this on the bed to minimize butt injury. Especially when Papa's big belly is around for you know, cushioning.

Her favourite toys this month includes Vtech Train, Tiger's Ybike (which pisses him off majorly), any cloth/blanket she can use as a peekaboo prop.
She smiles readily but is rather miserly with her laugh which resembles a coughing old lady.

Her diet is mostly porridge but she is such adventurous eater, she demands for rice, vegetable, etc. And we have no choice but to give it to her or risk a foot or hand in our plates.

She is still very much a night feeder. If I am two seconds late in popping a boob into her mouth, she will launch into a cute eye-closed, hand-flapping, sitting up baby tantrum.

Makes me go "Ooooaahhhh" and all gooey, misty eyed.  This "my kid is the cutest baby in the world" syndrome happens to every mother. We are total dopes, I tell you.

She hasn't stop teething since months and that makes her a little fussy with her milk choices. And by fussy I mean she is wasting A LOT of formula milk. That makes me want to lecture her about food and wasting and starving kids. Just wait. The moment she no longer has the goofy two-teeth grin, she is going to get it.

She has labelled us.

Tiger: "EH"
Mama: "AH"
Papa: Papapa......Ermmm....whatever la. She still likes me more


Signs:

more
milk
bye
hi (it's the same as bye but we all know its different, so..........)
claps hands

God, thank you for bringing this sweet being. I know she is perfect and all and I will do my best as a mother but if I can ask for one thing. Just one tiny thing. Please can you give her nicer hair? Pretty please.

9 comments:

San said...

Jessica,

She is such a cutie pie, just looking at her photo makes me want to shower her with kisses, i can only imagine how you would feel.

P.S : I do think her hairstyle is cute, very different, don't you think :)

Jade said...

Don't worry on her hairstyle. Last time, my girl also having this spiky hair before 1.5 years old... now her hair straight and long.

Jessica_littletiger said...

Thanks San, she is replicating Tiger's style when he was the same age.

Hehe, how did you know I cannot stop kissing her? Tiger is already at the stage where he goes, "NO KISS!!!".

Must be opportunistic while I still can ;)

Jessica_littletiger said...

Thanks Jade. Good to know...phew.

I was hoping she will inherit my hair but nope, i think she has my toes. And that's about it :p

RookieWriter901 said...

Sooo-oo cute!! I love the hair :)

Stace said...

Hi Jessica,

Your daughter is so cute! I too have a son and a dragon daughter.
I'd like to query a few things w.r.t right brain training.
My son is already 3+ and I just learnt about Shichida method. I'm not the creative type so discovering your blog is a blessing to me since I could borrow some of your ideas for home practise.

I'm still feeling a little lost though on how i need to go about doing it. For example, you had a basket of home made materials for the week. I like the idea and I think i'll try to do that too since i'm not a very organized person day to day. But question, does that mean i use the same set of linking memory or photographic memory materials i made everyday for that week? or do i have to prepare 7 different sets for each day of the week?

Also, i was wondering if you upload your home made materials online or if there is a separate link i can download. I saw the interesting materials you made for your son and which your niece likes as well. The one where you play 'do you remember where these items were'.( i think these are called photographic memory games right?)

Thanks so much!!

Jessica_littletiger said...

Hi Stace,

The basket method was for a younger Tiger. I usually change the material after 3-4x.

Now we are using a 'workbox' system where I prepare 4 lessons in advance for the week.
Memory work is different each time (it can be photographic/space/grid).
Linking Memory will be the same set until he completes each set of 50 items.
Flashcards are changed weekly. We do 10 sets of different topics (10 cards each)
I only prepare 4 lessons because I know that one of the days, usually mid week, I need a break for shopping :) or just playing or just being lazy.
can I have your email address so that I can send you the photographic material?

Stace said...

Hi Jessica,

My email is stacebaker80@gmail.com
What is a workbox system? It sounds interesting. What do you keep inside the workbox system, how is it used?
Thanks for sharing!

Jessica_littletiger said...

Hi Stace.

I will try to post the pics soon, hehe. Been battling weeds for the past 2 weeks. Did you get the template?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...