Sunday 6 November 2011

Family: How Do You Say Goodbye?

What do you do when a 12 days old leave the world?

My little nephew passed away last weekend. It was sudden and shocking.

In my previous (work)life, I faced dying infants all the time, most we salvaged, some we couldn't. When we fail to do what only God can do, we put on a steel mask and tell the parents we are sorry, we have tried our hardest. I never imagined that one day, I would be at the receiving end of this familiar situation.

In between guilt and remorse, I look at my Little Tiger and pray that he will never leave me.

I pray for the the little soul who has left us and hope he finds a peaceful place to rest.....

5 comments:

Ali said...

My thoughts are with you and your family. This is such a tragic thing to happen - no matter how much you understand that babies sometimes die, living through it is something else entirely. Sleep well, little angel.

Jessica said...

Hi Ali,

Thank you. My sister in law is so much stronger than I am, she's holding on. We are all trying to move on and let the norm of routine embrace us. Thanks again, love.

And thanks to Jasmine and everyone who sent us their love. Much appreciated...*hugs*

Asheyprettymummy said...

After wat happened to your sister in law, I wake up everyday thinking of what I'll do without my prettychubbi ....
I pray so that she'll stay strong and look forward to the future....her little Angel must be a good person coz only the good people die young....
May God bless her, her family and her lost Angel.....

melissa said...

Oh, Jessica. I'm thinking of you and your family. I can't imagine anything more painful than losing a child. It definitely makes us hug our own little ones a bit tighter. So much love to your sweet nephew, and all of you!

Jessica said...

Thanks for all kind words. I am sure the little one is at peace with so many blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...