Wednesday 2 November 2011

First phrase

Little Tiger said his first two-word phrase last night!!

"Off fan"

I hope I didn't imagine it.

He actually pointed to the fan when he said it.

I was expecting his language skills to be delayed as we speak three different Chinese dialects (Mandarin, Hokkien and Cantonese), English, some Malay and some broken Spanish (just numbers and greetings for now).

Oh, not forgeting Cambodian as well as seriously broken English from the maid.
For example, Kuk-kuk (cough) and no can (cannot)  =.="

Having said that, the cheeky fellow is still refusing to call mama or ama...arrghhhh....much to Daddy's delight!

Well, unless he needs something, he will wail, "Ma ma ma ma ma"  =.=""""






5 comments:

melissa said...

How exciting! Watching language develop is one of my favorite things. It's hard not to be a little proud of them, isn't it?

Jessica said...

Hi Mellisa,

I totally agree..I am so glad to be able to keep a little diary for him.

At same the time, I get to know lovely people like you through the bloggy world :)

Ali said...

Lucky Tiger getting so many languages! We have two 'native' languages (English and Russian) plus a dabbling of Chinese - I tried for more, but there is only so much time in the day to prepare materials in languages I don't speak :p

Jessica said...

Ali, it is tough to teach in a language that you don't converse with, on a regular basis.

Like my lousy spanish but because it is so widely spoken, I guess it's better than nothing.

Ali, I've been meaning to tell you that I can't comment on your blog. Is it possible to change the settings to 'anyone can comment' cause it's killing me :p

Ali said...

You should be able to comment now. Sorry - I'm a bit rubbish with technology :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...