Wednesday 17 October 2012

Messy Art: Glitter, Glue and Sprinkles

At 28 months, we are moving towards a free play/learning approach.
We used to have a schedule but it has been rendered useless.
If there is one thing I have learned thus far, it would be,
you CANNOT force a child to learn (or use the potty for that matter)

Free play encourages imagination and we all know that Einstein said:
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

Tiger already knows where I hide the all the good stuff like glitters/glue/beads,
you know, the off-limit stuff.
So, occasionally I will suck it up and attempt something brave like this.
Nowadays, messy activities are my wild nights. Yeah, I am pathetic like that.
So, I braced myself when he took the glitter glue and alphabet sprinkles and asked for 'duo-ing'

Tiger is a neat freak.
Slimy, sticking, 'dirty' sensory activities are a challenge for him.
He usually ask for brushes instead of using his bare hands.

This time, he actually went for it without hesitation.
What a nice surprise.

We just mix the glitter with lots of glue for him to smear.
Then, he 'spwinkle, spwinkle' the ABC. ^.^

Of course, he insisted on washing his hands immediately after that.
He kept saying, "WOW, nice!"

We framed it and it sits proudly in the living room.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...