Wednesday 7 August 2013

Baby School: First Play-Doh Experience

Confession: I would rather buy Play-Doh than DIY because
the cooking and stirring and washing...not my type of game.

Okay, I admit I errr..burned the dough and gave my MIL high blood pressure.
She is always worried I will burn the house or poison her grandchildren from
all the crazy activities we do.

Instead, we have A LOT of store bought dough 
since I requested for those during Tiger's second Birthday.

Personally, I prefer just simple tools like cookie cutter, scissors, etc to 
encourage open ended play.
But oh, what the heck, I bought two playsets.

One is the Play-Doh Magic Swirl Ice Cream Shoppe (ignored).
A little too high tech for my babies BUT the kid in me says it's fun.

If you are going to buy just one set for the rest of your life, I recommend 
 A Play-Doh expert who bought practically all the Play-Doh playsets recommended it. 
It is crazy addictive to see the little gumballs roll out

It even got hubby's approval. He was saying, "Hey, you can use this to make tang yuan"
*roll eyes*
 Dunno which wife made tang yuan for him. Definitely not me.
 Pffft.....


Back to Baby School....my only student was fascinated to say the least.
She squeezed and tore the dough.
Rolled it in her hands.
Smelled it like a detective.
She didn't try to choke herself and make me look like a bad mother.
 Just played along like good girl should.

 The whole night, she picked up 'gumballs' and re-inserted each one into the set
 

She tried to rotate the handle like kor kor

Fed-up face after multiple tries?
I love how round she has become.
Our kakak is doing an excellent job.
Going to give her Raya bonus ^.^
Oh, my boobies must be credited as well.

 Tiger?
He was busy making chocolate ice cream for Papa

Playing with dough is taken seriously in my house, hence the post.
If you need more convincing, read this by Imagination Tree
 Clearly I do not follow the recommended age suggested because I know my children
BUT
please do not try this at home with your baby if you are uncomfortable
or you cannot resuscitate.

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri to all of our Malay friends and family.
Drive safely and have lots of ketupat!
Hugs!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey!
thanks for everything you share on your blog.
How to Start Play School

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...