Monday 19 September 2011

Sticker Art, Math & Montessori

~Tiger's 15 months old~

Occasionally, Tiger decides on his own activity
Here, he found the sticker stash.
So, I'll just go with the flow.


As I hand him the stickers, I will say the numbers (Math)
He has learned '3' and '9'
He (mostly) stickers to where I point
Excellent fine motor and coordination activity (Montessori)
I tried to get him to use both hands alternately (whole brain training) but he is definitely a right-handed boy
 We reused an A4 paper that Daddy printed wrongly on
His forefinger is pointing. This is delicate work!
 


Frame and admire! (Art)

Easiest and cleanest art activity for a toddler. Since we used recycled paper, this is a green activity too :)

Stickers: RM 0.80 from Fun & Cheer. (Did I mention it was cheap too?)

Art: Priceless

Difficulty: 0.5/5

We are linking up to Montessori Monday at One Hook Wonder. Head over for more ideas.

One Hook Wonder

5 comments:

melissa said...

That really is delicate work! I have some animal stickers in my art stash for our girl but thought they may still be a bit "old" for her. I may have to re-think that!

Lulu said...

Great artwork!! I love that you framed it and put it up. My 21 month old loves stickers but would never have been able to do the work above at 15 months- your little one has great fine motor skills!

My older son was born in the year of the ox and my younger son in the year of the rabbit {by Japanese standards- if we go by Chinese calender he is year of the tiger!}- They are just over 12 months apart!

Jessica said...

Hi Lulu,

Thanks for stopping by :)

Tiger's a little advance in his motor skills but social skills wise, he's a little slower cause he's spoilt from being the only child.

We're working on it by hoping for a Little Dragon soon!

Deb Chitwood said...

Wonderful activity! I love the gentle reinforcement of math concepts and eye-hand coordination while creating such an attractive art project. It's great that you framed it, too! I'm so glad you're linking up with Montessori Monday. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

Theprincessandthetot said...

Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...