Sunday, 4 September 2011

Messy art: Foot Painting

This was intended to be foot painting but in true toddler style, it turned out to hand and face painting as well.


Materials:
1. Small inflatable pool from Giant Hypermarket
Always do messy art with a toddler in a small inflatable pool for damage control.
It is also easier for clean-up. Trust me, I learned my lesson the hard way.
2. Cloth from Daiso. Paper won't last more than five minutes.
3. Pebeo finger paint: RM 50 for 4 tubes and a plastic smock from Craft Haven. This one has a nice consistency and not too runny like Crayola.
4. Tray: to replace art palette.




Feeling finger paint for the first time. Previously, we used yoghurt with fruits like dragonfruit (lovely shade of purple) and instant pudding. Yummy!
Unfortunately, the flies wanted a piece of the action as well and it was quite gross.


I used a tray to lay out the colours but Tiger preferred the paint fresh from the tube :)


Since I intended for this to be foot painting session, I painted his feet..LOL


Preparing for clean up

Washing up with soap, cloth and sponge

Tadaa!!

Thank God I took a picture of Tiger's masterpiece as it was destroyed in the rain overnight. Such a shame, we were planning to turn it into a skirt for Grandma :)



Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...