Wednesday 22 February 2012

Tot Trays: O is for Owl Setup

These are our trays for the next week or two, depending on Tiger's interest.

Since I am not that into birds, I realised that there weren't too many birdy things around..

After rummanging through my stash, these were the trays I came up with:


1. Puzzle:  
Three-piece-puzzles of rooster and duckling

2. Art & sticker
Some flamingoes (the only birds stickers I have) with a Monet printout

3. Tangram
Tiger played with this last week and enjoyed the books that came with it.
So, I copied a bird diagram for him.
He'll need help with this but the point is getting the idea across instead of solving the puzzle.
I love tangrams :p


4. Play dough, feathers & a goose
For free play and creativity

5. Language
Chinese strokes magnets with flashcards

6. Phonics & vocabulary
M&D See and Spell: Bird and duck

7. Worksheets
From 1+1+1=1 bird pack
Making Learning Fun

 8. Music
Note F: Tuning fork, bell & flashcards
I added Beethoven this week with some points of interest on the back.

9. Books
i. Owl Babies
ii. Don't Let The Pigeon Drive The Bus
iii. What's in The Egg?
iv. One Little Pigeon

10. Craft baskets:
Basket 1: Bird Feeder
Basket 2: McD carton for making owls
Basket 3: Owl printout with glue & feathers





11 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! You came up with a lot of great activities! Love the bird puzzles, and I am going to have to use the M&D puzzles in a better way. Thank you for the inspiration!! By the way what music curriculum do you use? It looks very interesting.

Jessica_littletiger said...

Thanks!

Actually, the music tray is part of Tiger's home practice copied from his Tweedlewink lessons. It is to train the child's perfect pitch. Since Tiger's still very young, it is the best time to train him on pitch before we move on to formal lessons.

Mothers who have tried this method on older children already taking piano lessons (>3 years old) noticed improvement as well. Basically, I introduce a note every week, then later, I will colour code his keyboard so that it is easier to pick up on scales. We will probably use Soft Mozart later :)

StrongStart said...

You do have a lot of ideas for birds.
We are learning about birds at the moment.
My favourite trays of yours are the 3 piece puzzles and the craft baskets.

Sierra @ H is for Homeschooling said...

Great trays, Jessica! I am featuring your art tray this week but I do love the MD word puzzles, the feathers in play dough, and the Chinese strokes. So fun! Thanks for linking up to WOTT!

Sam said...

Your music curriculum is really interesting, are those printout are from Tweedlewink? Any place for download? Can you have more details on music field as I am really idiot in music ....@_@

Your blog do giving me lots of ideas for teaching my baby. Thank you !!

Jessica_littletiger said...

Hi Sam,

I did not attend music school too. Planning to send Tiger to YAMAHA at the end of the year. For now, we are doing pitch training (tuning fork) and rhythm training (clapping and sticks). He can recognize notes when I play it on the keyboard now :)

The printout is from TW when i purchased the forks. The Beethoven printout, I made. If you like I can mail it to you. Just drop me your email address.

Sam said...

Wow, thank a lots Jessica, you really are wonderful ~

mun83@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot

by the way, may I know how much is the forks from TW? Hmm, really know nothing about tune and music, I guess should need to send her to some professional music center... haha

Anonymous said...

hi there Jessica,

would like to know whether have you send me the printout? coz I didn't really see your email, can you send me another copy?

Thanks a lot ya...

mun83@hotmail.com

Jessica_littletiger said...

Sorry. I think something's wrong with the yahoo mail acc. I have just sent another copy. Hope it reaches you :) And enjoy

Unknown said...

hi Jess,
i have the tweedlewink DVDs. there's no TW school in Penang. relying on the DVDs but my son shows less interest in it.
i was searching for the link to download the music printable.
can you send me a copy. advanced materials preparation. :) tks!

sia_rebecca@yahoo.com

Rebecca

Jessica_littletiger said...

Rebecca,

The printables came with the tuning fork, I have to search for the soft copy. Will email you once I find it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...