~~Tiger's 21.5 months ~~
Welcome to Space Week presented in trays!
This week, I am trying to focus the trays on space-y stuff.
We moved the educational toys & puzzles to his new IKEA shelf in the living room.
S is for star printout from 1+1+1 = 1
I printed out 2 sets of space cards just to see if he prefers the actual pics or the cartoon-y ones.
The ones on the left are the Planets 3 part cards from MontessoriMom.com.
We are using them for matching only.
The cards on right are printed from the Space Tot pack at 2teachingmommies
This tray consist of a phases of the moon card from Tweedlewink,
a scratch card and a wooden tongue depressor (to scratch out the moons)
We will most definitely not get the moons but it would be fun to see the colours :)
These are some space themed gel window clings that we are using on a clear display
The top of the shelf's a little messy :p
On the left:
- Alphie with S card
- Music box (tuning fork and bell for note A)
- Mr Schubert's pic and POI
On the right:
- Right brain stuff in basket: Chinese, Doman, Dolch, ESP, memory, expressions, TW actions card.
- Trace letter S, sandpaper S, touchy-feely S
- TW flashcards of Earth structure, Solar system and life cycle of star
Tiger's been enjoying the space center and his sensory bin very much.
I am hoping he loves the trays too!
- Montessori-inspired Astronomy activities from Living Montessori Now
- Preschooler trays from Counting Coconuts
- A detailed month of science unit on Solar System from Nurturing the Tender Years
Linking up to Tot School at 1+1+1 = 1
World Space Week 2012 Bloghop