Thursday 5 January 2012

Chinese New Year Sensory Bin

Mommy have been bitten by the Chinese New Year (CNY) bug!
Besides cleaning like mad, we have already put up all the red and festive CNY decorations.

I would love to do a CNY activity a day and I am planning to delegate the some tasks to Grandma on the days I am working till late.
I am currently gathering ideas for toddlers and I will be more than happy to share all of them here.
I have pinned some of them on my Pinterest Chinese New Year Stuff board. So, feel free to repin.

We love sensory bins around here, so I thought why not have one for Chinese New Year?

This is our Chinese New Year Sensory Bin.
I keep his tools in a separate container to save time between bins.

A closer look at the bin.
Tiger will get to see it tonight!
His toy dragon decided to take a peek first..hehe..
Ingredients:
1. Blossom flowers (base)
2. Angry bird Ang Pow packets
I am not a fan but the birds are red and each packet has a different greeting.
Can practise Chinese!!
3. A small pagoda
4. Two fire cracker ornaments
5. Two buckets of gold
6. Gold lumps
7. Red & orange pom-poms
8. Reuse ribbons and shiny balls from Christmas bin


Updated: 10th Jan 2011

Tiger & his love affair with the Dragon, his current BFF

First intro to his CNY bin.
Check out the grin  ^.^

We did a little transfering and he got bored quickly

Then he did a little scooping


@@@ 15 days to Chinese New Year @@@

5 comments:

Jade said...

Like this CNY Sensory Bin.. :) creative. I hope to make my kids one also..

Jessica_littletiger said...

HI Jade.

Thanks. I am sure they will love it. There is something very appealing about these bins.

I was schooling with Tiger last night and noticed that he was ignoring the bin. I was just thinking, "Darn. I don't think he likes it"
when he decided to scoop for 15 minutes non-stop!

Just remember to get the stuff from Fun & Cheer. The pagoda was RM 1 only :)

Sierra @ H is for Homeschooling said...

I featured this post in my Fave Five Friday post that will be up tomorrow morning so please stop by if you can :) If you would rather I didn't use a picture, please let me know and I will just use a text link. I also have a featured button if you would like to use it. Thanks for sharing a great idea!

Jessica_littletiger said...

Hi Sierra,

No problem, feel free to use the pics. I love your blog by the way. We will be linking up again as soon once things settle down a little :)

SOS Booster said...

Chinese New Year 2022 will fall on Tuesday, February 1st, 2022, beginning a year of the Tiger. Book Now Virtual Lunar new year celebration event for your remote teams with SOS. We have curated some of the best virtual activities, games, dance performances, and acts for your employees. All the activities are performed by professionally trained artists.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...