Friday 6 January 2012

Letter: Why I Love You So?

Letter To Tiger Thursday



Dear Tiger,


I am not sure how you perceive my growing belly but you rub it affectionately. So, I hope that's a good sign. Without a doubt I know you will be the best big brother in the world because you have such a big heart and don't mind sharing anything with others (except Grandma, who you bully to the max). I am already excited about you having a playmate and best friend.

You are such a rock star. When I come home tired, all it takes is your smile or a cheeky monkey grin to lift my spirit. Can you imagine the effect when I see you bouncing up and down, crying for me at the door? I know it is because you want to go to the park but what the heck, I'll take it as a sign of extreme affection.

Everyone keeps telling me that you have grown so much, so tall. Unfortunately, you will always be a baby in my eyes, even when you are fifty years old. On Tuesday, you surprised me by going down the slide alone. I guess it is time to let go a little...


When you climb up the stairs, you will always count in your haphazard manner.
"Six, four, nine..."

Here you were taking a break, pointing at me :)
What did I do?


Getting ready to go down.
You sit down way before the slide and shuffle your butt over.
So cute that I want to smack you but don't worry,
I didn't, that would have been disrespectful.

You will say  Wheee! when you slide down...


For some reason, you have always been a serious kid, even at play.
See?

When it is time to leave, all I have to say is let's go see Snoopy (the neighbour's dog who died 3 weeks ago) and you would gladly take my hand and say bye-bye to the playground. No tantrums or major showdowns.


That's why I love you but what on Earth did I do to deserve you?



Lots of love,


Mommy



Linked to Melissa's What's New Babe @ Vibrant Wanderings

1 comment:

melissa said...

This is so stinkin' sweet, Jessica. I can't wait to read about Tiger as a big brother! He really does seem like such a gentle and sweet-natured boy.

Feel free to link your letter up to my "What's New Babe" post if you want to!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...