Friday 16 March 2012

Phonics play: 'Swimming' With Letters

I love the mornings when I am not working and waking up to Tiger's voice.

Today was such a morning. We were in a mad rush for his Tweedlewink class at 9 am but we made just it in time. Surprisingly, he was VERY well behaved today. He did stare at his new classmate for the first five minutes to check out the competition.

He has become more keen on phonics lately, asking for Letter I and saying "Eee" repeatedly. He has moved on from Math to Phonics now =)

Then, we had a mini breakfast at Papa Rich where he was an angel again, the waiters went "Aah, comel nye" (Translation: So cute)

When we got home, I casually mentioned "Swimming?" and he went NUTS. He started doing his jiggly dance and assisted in changing his outfit...he he...this would never happen if it was bath time.

Since he is so into letters at the moment, we used his ELC foam alphabets for water play. We said all the phonic sounds randomly as we tossed them into the pool.


He kept swirling them around and laughed non-stop


I am off to IKEA with Ashleyprettimummy while Tiger nap.

Have a great weekend y'all!!!


4 comments:

Baby Darren said...

Thanks for dropping by. Sorry for not leaving any comments on your blog earlier and did a link at my blog without getting your consent. Life has been very hectic for the preparation of my maid leaving end of the month and I will be ALL ON MY OWN from then on.

I love your blog and respect your initiative/creativity and hardwork in preparing and running the "school" for little Tiger. You are such an inspiration to me as I am also trying to be as "hardworking" as you but I fail miserably..hahaha...Wish to see more of your post coming up..

I just came back from Ikea too. So, what did you get from Ikea?

Anonymous said...

You have not posted for awhile. I hope all is OK.

Jessica_littletiger said...

Hi, Baby Darren.

Sorry for the late reply. Was travelling last week and just seen the comment :)

No worries about the linking.

Lotsa luck handling the kids without help. I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Thanks for the compliment. I can only do so much with my MIL and my maid around. I am very lucky.

IKEA was excellent. I bought quite a bit :p. Will share soon.

Jessica_littletiger said...

Hi, thanks for the concern. Everything's A OK :)

I was travelling and I don't think it is wise to inform the world in general that I won't be home :) Just like how I think it would be pretty dumb to tag my location on Facebook, you know making it easier for the robbers..haha...

We are back and I will be blogging like mad (due to withdrawal) =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...