Sunday 23 October 2011

Halloween Shopping: Part 1

We had a break from Tot School because umm...Mommy's a little exhausted and needed to recharge :)

Quite timely as we are busy with Halloween planning/shopping.

This post is my materialistic purging. Please don't read if you think it is going to hurt your eyes:

On Sunday, we went on a costume hunt. *insert cheerful theme song*

At first, I bought a one-piece toddler tiger suit from Mothercare that cost a ridiculous
RM 128. The stripes weren't too cute but I was desperate. They also have bumblebee, bee, and cow designs.


This is the exact suit.

FYI, Mothercare is having a promotion for their membership. For the advantages of being a Mothercare member, check it out here. You only have to spend RM400 instead of the usual RM800, available for the month of October only. The result of this promotion: 
Not in picture: 2 sets of pajamas

If you have been following my blog or know me personally, you would know that I don't spend my money on clothing items for children, except shoes (they are just too cute!). All of Little Tiger's old clothes fit into ONE medium-sized container.

Educational stuff and toys are in a different category altogether, they fit into a warehouse...LOL. Actually, they don't cause I pass them to my lil'angel, Prettichubbi.

I make an exception on clothing when it comes to Mothercare because I find their designs adorable and their material really last. I was cleaning Little Tiger's closet last night and I gave away most of his discolored pieces. I realized that the Mothercare ones still look almost new. Money well spent.

I'm digressing again. Back to our costume hunt, I found this in Toy R Us!!
 
A pumpkin suit! How apt for our Pumpkin Party!
It also cost less than the tiger suit at RM 69.90. They have a small selection for toddlers: 1. Spider suit. (Fit up till 24 months)
2. Bumblebee suit (Fit up till 24 months)
3. Dracula. Quite dashing (12-18 months)
4. Skeleton suit (12-18 months)
5.Transformer (for older chilren)
6. Accessories for adults: witches, fairies, capes, pirate. etc

I would make one if I could sew but buying seems like a sane option. Also, he would be the only one in this because nobody else is celebrating Halloween except for us crazy folks.

PS: I returned the Tiger suit, and bought the PJs and beginner chalks instead ;)

1 comment:

melissa said...

I love, love, love the pumpkin outfit! Super cute. Annabelle has a hat that is very similar for our Jessica-inspired pumpkin party ;) I look forward to seeing how your party goes, and having ours. I'm glad you got me into the Halloween spirit!

Oh, and when it comes to spending money on clothes vs. learning materials - I am definitely with you! Annabelle doesn't care much for clothes anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...